Re: eshell problem: Spawning child process: invalid argument?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: eshell problem: Spawning child process: invalid argument?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 10:31:05 +0200

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> why doesn't this work in eshell?
>
> lynx -dump -display_charset=utf-8 -width=90 http://example.com >
> xxxx.html
>
> i get
> Spawning child process: invalid argument

This doesn't happen to me. When I call it (with another URL), a buffer
*lynx* is opened and scrolls through the HTML page. No error is shown.

Which Emacs version do you use? Are you on a local directory in eshell,
or on a remote one? Running the command on a remote directory returns in
an error for me as well.

> then eshell doesn't have any doc, so sad.

"C-h i g (eshell) <RET>" works for me. It isn't complete, 'though.

>  Xah

Best regards, Michael.