Re: eshell problem: Spawning child process: invalid argument?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: eshell problem: Spawning child process: invalid argument?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 13:31:09 -0700 (PDT)

On May 20, 8:29 am, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com>
> > Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 21:12:08 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > On Windows, the command needs to be 「lynx.exe」 . Without the .exe,
> > eshell gets confused.
>
> Probably because you have something else called "lynx.SOMETHING" on
> Path that is caught before lynx.exe?  A Unix shell script, perhaps?
> If none of these guesses is correct, I'd say it's worth digging deeper
> and maybe submitting a detailed bug report.

i don't think i got anything else named lynx. In eshell, "which lynx"
turns up c:/cygwin/bin/lynx.exe ... when i call the command it was
generating a buffer called *lynx.exe*,  iirc.

every time i try to switch to eshell, always something turns up
stopping me from using it... the lack of doc certainly didn't help.
I'll sure report in the future if i find some issues.

thanks for the extra tip.

 Xah