Table formatting (cell padding) and navigation

From: Avery Chan
Subject: Table formatting (cell padding) and navigation
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 02:22:22 +0000 (UTC)

I am using emacs 24.0.92.1 with the table psuedo-mode.

1) Is there a way to pad cells so that there is one or more spaces between the
text and the cell separator (i.e. '|')?

2) I realize that table mode isn't really a mode. Nonetheless I find doing C-h m
useful for finding out what keys are bound in a particular mode. Where can I
find documentation on what key combinations are bound in table mode? In
particular, I'm trying to determine how to navigate within a table (for example,
I found that tab sends me to the next cell).

Thanks.