How to disable warnings/questions when using desktop-save-mode?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: How to disable warnings/questions when using desktop-save-mode?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:21:00 +0200

Hi,

1) I have enabled desktop-save mode (with (desktop-save-mode 1)) since I find
this
quite useful. I recently started to use different instances of Emacs (Emacs 24
GTK Snapshot version on Xubuntu 12.04). Every time I open another instance of
Emacs, I receive "...Warning: desktop file appears to be in
use by PID ... Use it anyway? (y or n)". How can I tell Emacs to not ask me but
always choose y (= yes) here automatically? [I tried (setq desktop-save t) but
I still obtained the warning.]

2) A similar problem appears when a new instance is closed and thus writes to
the
desktop file. When closing an older instance afterwards one then obtains
"... Desktop file is more recent than the one loaded. Save anyway?". How can I
tell Emacs to not ask me but choose y (= yes) automatically?

Maybe 2) is solved by choosing "no" in 1) [which I guess is also fine in most
cases].

Cheers,

Marius