Re: capture gtk kill (gnome alt-f4) (delete-event?)

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: capture gtk kill (gnome alt-f4) (delete-event?)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 15:28:12 +0900

Hello XeCycle,

Thanks for the reply.,

XeCycle <XeCycle@Gmail.com> writes:

> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

[…]
>> I am longing for a function which captures alt-f4 event and ask me for
>> confirmation in all circumstances.
>
> Don't think there will be one, since it may or may not work.
>
> The key is received by X server, then goes to whichever program
> that binds this key; if the key is first bound by the window
> manager, it may or may not allow rebinds of it.

I thought it is possible since Emacs is asking for confirmation(with
unsaved buffer exist) when I click [X] button with mouse on a Emacs frame.

They are the same signals., aren't they?

PS: FWIW I am using Gtk(2.20.1-2), Gnome (2.30.2) on Debian squeeze.
Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR