Re: [vimpulse] Custom keybinding

From: Frank Fischer
Subject: Re: [vimpulse] Custom keybinding
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 21:05:44 +0000 (UTC)

On 2012-05-29, saheel1511 <saheel.godhane@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Although I have been using  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Vimpulse Vimpulse
> for quite some time now, I didn't really customize it to my liking. Today I
> wanted to change the behavior of C-d in all vi modes. Currently, in
> normal-mode and visual-mode C-d scrolls down, and in insert-mode C-d does
> nothing. I want C-d to execute 'delete-char' in all modes. So I tried this:
>
> (global-set-key (kbd "C-d") 'delete-char)
> and
> (vimpulse-global-set-key 'vi-state' (kbd "C-d") 'delete-char))
>
> Both didn't work. C-d still has the same behavior -- it does not delete a
> character.
> Any help/suggestions/pointers on how to set custom keybindings for vimpulse?

I can't really help you with vimpulse, but note that vimpulse is no
longer actively developed. There's a new project called "Evil" [1]
that supersedes Vimpulse and has much more features but does not build
on viper (and it is configurable in the way you want).

Anyway, because the maintainer of Vimpulse is also the maintainer of
Evil it's probably a good idea to ask your question on evil's mailing
list [2] or in the irc channel #evil-mode on freenode.

Frank

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Evil