Re: Corrupted byte compiled files

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Corrupted byte compiled files
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 13:43:39 +0200

Pierre Lorenzon <devel@pollock-nageoire.net> writes:

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Subject: Re: Corrupted byte compiled files
> Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:39:09 -0400
>
>>> Certain of my .el files are incorrectly compiled. See the .elc
>>> file with a long name.
>>
>> Indeed, I can reproduce it here, and also with Emacs-23.
>
>   Does that mean that none never tried to compile file with
>   long name before .... or that the problem does not come
>   exclusively from the length of the name ....

Argh, some very recent change in trunk seems to have hosed
byte-compilation altogether for me.  I have several emacs addon packages
like Gnus, AUCTeX, helm cloned from their repositories, and as soon as I
byte-compile those with today's emacs (revno 108437), they won't work at
all.  It seems there are complete functions missing in the elc files and
I get dozens of "Wrong type argument" errors at different locations.
After deleting all elc files and running from the plain elisp sources,
everything works again.

Bye,
Tassilo