RE: line numbers

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: line numbers
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:24:16 -0700

> It's relevant to the rude replies the OP got.
> How is that not clear?

I must be missing something.  All of the messages I saw were only helpful
AFAICT.

I did not save all of the messages from the thread, so I went here to look at
them again:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2012-06/msg00016.html

There is one message not shown there, marked "Message not available".  Maybe
that missing one was what you had in mind?  In any case, all of the other
messages seem well intended and helpful, to me.

That is, all of them except your message, which seemed to come from out of the
blue, and which complains about "grumpy pedantic programmers working on trivial
jobs" who "feel small and insecure and the only way to remedy that is to put
down people who have a smaller knowledge base than they do".

That does indeed seem rude, not to mention presumptuous.

I wonder if we are reading the same thread?  The thread I read does indeed show
evidence of a helpful `"community"'.