Saving all state, not just some of it

From: Kelly Dean
Subject: Saving all state, not just some of it
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 11:07:06 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SessionManagement lists a lot of different
options for saving some state. Some save the open file list, mark ring, kill
ring, location of point, window config, etc. It appears none of them record
whether the mark is active, or the scroll position of a buffer within a window
(though this is approximated by saving point), or open help pages, or which
help page within the history of followed hyperlinks is currently active, or
open man pages, or the contents of the Messages buffer. Probably other things I
can't think of right now are also not saved. When Emacs crashes, and I restart
it, all of this information is gone. Or if I shut down Emacs on one computer,
copy my files to another computer, and restart Emacs there, all of this
information is gone.
Is there any way to tell Emacs to save all of its state, rather than just some
of it?