Re: command-execute in .emacs file

From: =?utf-8?Q?=C3=93scar_Fuentes?=
Subject: Re: command-execute in .emacs file
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 06:42:44 +0200

fab <anto1945@infinito.it> writes:

> Hi all!
> I'm a beginner with lisp language and I'm trying to use Emacs with Speech
> Dispatcher
> and Festival (in English language).
>
> This manual page [1] says how to remove the brltty symbol from the
> list of active output drivers, using the interactive command:
>
>> M-x speechd-out-disable-driver RET brltty RET
>
> Now I'm tryng to customize my .emacs file, but if I use this form
>
>> (command-execute 'speechd-out-disable-driver nil "brltty")
>
> I obtain this error message:
>
>> Wrong type argument: vectorp, brltty
>
> Can anyone help me? Thanks!
>
> Fabio
>
> [1] http://cvs.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd-el/speechd-el_9.html#SEC16

Don't use command-execute for invoking a function, just call the
function directly.

>From my interpretation of the function definition on

http://cvs.freebsoft.org/repository/speechd-el.moved-to-git/speechd-out.el?view=markup

it seems that speechd-out-disable-driver expects a symbol name
corresponding to the driver to be disabled. So try putting this on your
.emacs:

(speechd-out-disable-driver 'brltty)