What is the equivalent asynchronous version of `call-process-region'

From: York Zhao
Subject: What is the equivalent asynchronous version of `call-process-region'
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 00:30:35 -0400

Hi there,

`start-process' is the asynchronous version of `call-process', and there is a
function `call-process-region' to send text in a region to a synchronous
process. However I was not able to find the asynchronous version of this
function that sends text in a region to an asynchronous process. Does such a
function exist in Emacs? If not, how do I send the text in a region to an
asynchronous process?

Thanks,
York