Sunrise Commander: X11 refresh issue?

From: Eric Brown
Subject: Sunrise Commander: X11 refresh issue?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:07:27 -0500

Hi All,

I am using Sunrise Commander (v. 5.420) in an X11 (vanilla) window,
across Hummingbird Exceed, through Citrix. In all other modes, things
are fine, but when the package is loaded, then the screen flickers like
it is re-drawing. (Also, it seems like Gnus has a similar issue when
advancing quickly through the message list, but it is tolerable)

In order (to try) to solve this problem, I unloaded all the other ELPA
packages (e.g. sunrise-x-buttons) but it still flickers.

I don't want to blame Emacs for causing this problem, but I think it's
the only thing in my setup that I am able to modify.  Has anyone seen
this problem before?

Thanks,
Eric