Re: Emacs users a dying breed?

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Emacs users a dying breed?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:34:38 -0400

On 6/18/2012 3:25 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2012-06-18, Pascal J. Bourguignon<pjb@informatimago.com>  wrote:

Since you probably don't have a Makefile in the same directory as pgm.c,
the default rules will be used, so pgm will be built from pgm.c using
the C compiler.

Thanks, Pascal.  Since I use Slackware, which has jes about everything
needed for compiling from source, I'll give it a try.  Both make and gcc are in
the same /usr/bin/ dir.

I think Pascal was saying that you Makefile (not /usr/bin/make) might
not be in the same directory as your code.

If you don't have a makefile there, you can also do 'make -f pathtomakefile' and emacs will remember it for the next time.

If you don't have a makefile at all, it's time to create one.

Bonus: Check out M-x next-error. I have both compile and next-error bound to Fn keys since I use them constantly.