Re: Issues with emacs

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Issues with emacs
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 09:55:29 +0200

Am 24.06.2012 09:01, schrieb Corentin Henry:
Sorry, but I think the emacs documentation IS hard for a beginner like me.

    - At the very beginning, I didn't know where to search ! I was
    navigating through pages an pages, and the more I read, the more I had to
    read.

very important point, thanks

Luckily there are a lot of tutorial suitable for beginners in the net.

    - There is no "how to", whereas that's what people want nowadays. I
    don't want to spend time reading and understanding how emacs works, through
    pages of documentation (even if it is well written) ! I want to be told how
    to do what I want.

[ ... ]

also focus should shift from teaching keys to mnemonic command-names.

Andreas