Re: emacs24/gtk3 - how to mark rectangle of to primary selection?

From: Paul K
Subject: Re: emacs24/gtk3 - how to mark rectangle of to primary selection?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 22:58:37 +0200

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

> Which other tool are you thinking of that can handle the rectangle like a
> rectangle?

My initial question was regarded to what is called in X11 a "primary selection",
but I also know that emacs is aware of difference between "primary
selection" and "clipboard selection", thus I just thought that maybe
emacs can put each kiiled text to that "clipboard selection".

I checked that it is true when You mark and remember text with for
example `M-w`, but it is not true for kill-rectangle command, ie. the
later one does not put text to "clipboard selection".

best regards,
Paul