Emacs, gnome3 and synctex woes

From: paaguti
Subject: Emacs, gnome3 and synctex woes
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 04:03:08 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

this is my first message to the group. I'm a more or less experienced Emacs
user (15 years of emacsing on by back ;-) ). Same goes for Linux (maybe 10
years, 4 distros). I have settled down with the latest Ubuntu to write my PhD
thesis. Some time ago, I found and modified a Python script on the Web to
connect evince, synctex and emacs. I worked nicely with Gnome 2.4 and when I
clicked on a point in my pdf, I was able to go back to the LaTEX source and
edit it woth emacs. When evince was in full-screen mode, emacs popped up over
it.

Now, with gnome3, this doesn't happen anymore. Is there any new function in
emacs to raise the window to the front when in GNOME 3?

Thanks,/PA