Minor misunderstanding of the Emacs tutorial

From: Valera Rozuvan
Subject: Minor misunderstanding of the Emacs tutorial
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:05:31 +0300

Hi All,

The first two screens of the Emacs tutorial (which can be accessed by
C-h t) explain how to move forward and backward by an entire screen
using C-v and M-v. The second screen says (at the top):

"Note that there is an overlap of two lines when you move from screen
to screen; this provides some continuity so you can continue reading
the text."

However, I get an overlap of three lines. I am using GNU Emacs
24.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) under X. Is this a
configuration option which differs with each new build? Or is this
part of the tutorial from the old days, when the overlap was actually
two lines?

Regards,
Valera