Re: Emacs 24.1 and 23.3 on Ubuntu forcing temporary files .#whatever.txt

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.1 and 23.3 on Ubuntu forcing temporary files .#whatever.txt in the same folder (the files are actually symlinks to user@system)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:05:32 +0200

Am 04.07.2012 um 10:48 schrieb Jeffrey Spencer:

> I can't seem to see why these are created or how to stop.

These files are semaphores and make visible that some user on some machine is
editing the file and has changed its contents while the file system still
contains an elder, not yet updated and saved version.

I don't know how to change this (not editing? Instantaneously auto-saving?). It
might be useful to make dired/dired-x not show these (dired-mode-hook,
dired-omit-files).

--
Greetings

  Pete