Re: How does Emacs calculate Easter Sunday?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How does Emacs calculate Easter Sunday?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:20:29 +0200

Am 05.07.2012 um 21:02 schrieb Enda:

> holiday-easter-etc
>

> How does Emacs calculate it?, and how can I can put 'Easter Monday' in my
> calendar.

Write the text "holiday-easter-etc" into some buffer in GNU Emacs. It's also
possible to copy it from somewhere, for example my Email, and yank into some
buffer. Then position the text cursor somewhere in this function's name. Now
you can type C-h f and press RET in mini-buffer. The *Help* which has opened
contains a hyper-link to holidays.el. Follow it! Can you see the calculations?
Can you also see how to possibly add Easter Monday to the list of (christian)
holidays?

Besides this, Ed Rheingold, the original author of the GNU Emacs calendar
functions, has written articles about this and other calendars. Maybe they're
still available on the internet.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!