Re: Russian typing tutorial?

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Russian typing tutorial?
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:07:21 +0300

On 2012-07-09, Doug Lewan wrote:

> Is there a tutorial for typing in Russian in emacs?
>
> I'm using emacs 23.4 on Cygwin on Windows 7.
>
> gtypist is unfortunately not the answer since my work PC is in English with
> no Cyrillic fonts and I have no option to change that. gtypist is very
> unhappy doing anything under X, complaining with the error "Redirection is
> not supported."
>
> Emacs and X, however, already have the right pieces. It seems like a natural
> thing.

As far I know there are no teachers for typing in Emacs...

You can print Russian layout from:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#Russian

Or ever use Emacs for this purpose:

  M-x describe-input-method russian-computer RET

To learn typing in Emacs I may suggest divide Emacs on 2 window by C-x 2, open
Russian text (C-x C-f file RET, and optionally C-x RET R UTF-8 RET to set
proper coding system) in one window and try to type it in second window...

To switch input method use C-\...

--
Best regards!