Re: Emacs running as root with different colors than the standard one.

From: PJ Weisberg
Subject: Re: Emacs running as root with different colors than the standard one.
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 23:00:37 -0700

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Alexandre Schenberg
<ale.schenberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> As the title says, when I executes emacs as root, it uses colors
> different when compared with it running with the privileges of a
> regular user.
> So I would like to know where these colors settings might be stored,
> so that I can copy then to use as a regular user.
> P.S:  There isn't a .emacs file under root
> P.S2: Only when running emacs directly as root it uses the mentioned
> colors, when I use "su" it uses the standard colors.
>
> Thanks for any advices.

Are you sure there's no .emacs file for root?  Check the value of
user-init-file (use 'C-h v').  If that really doesn't correspond to
any file, then try running 'emacs -q' as your normal user.  That'll
tell Emacs not to load your init file, so you can see if maybe there's
something in *your* init file that's causing the colors to be
different.

-PJ

Gehm's Corollary to Clark's Law: Any technology distinguishable from
magic is insufficiently advanced.