Occur lite

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Occur lite
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:06:30 -0500

Ignutians:

Is there an Emacs function that extracts only words matching a regexp
and writes them to another buffer? This would work exactly like the
"occur" function but would write only the words to the *Occur* buffer
instead of the whole line. I have looked at the code for "occur" in
replace.el but I'm afraid it's over my head to try and modify it into a
custom function.

Thanks,

Ed