Re: Customize Dict group - Junk at end of expression

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Customize Dict group - Junk at end of expression
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 06:52:04 +0200

Hi,

Mon, 16 Jul 2012 01:22:24 +0300 -n
Aleksey Cheusov <vle@gmx.net> írta:

> > dictem version 1.0.2-1 installed as debian package from the debian
> > repository.
>
> > I want to customize Dict Group and in it the variable
> > dict-databases:

It is my fault that that I think I want to customize the 'Dict' group.
I should to customize the 'dictem' group, but on my system I haven't
the 'dictem' group!!

> Hi. To be honest I don't understand what exactly I want to customize.
> dict-databases is an internal alist which is initialized by dictem
> and contains all databases obtained from the dictionary server.
> dictem's customization group is called "dictem".
> Maybe you tried to customize dictionary-el's group.

Indeed! I tried that because when I try the command bellow
M-x customize-group <RET> dict TAB
to complete the groupname and find 'dictem' I get only

Customize-group (default emacs): Dict

and a message:
Click <mouse-2> on a completion to select it.
In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

Possible completions are:
Dict
dictionary
dictionary-group

so I haven't 'dictem' group!!

And when I try the command bellow:

M-x customize-group <RET> dictem <RET>

I get message:
Customize-group (default emacs): dictem [No match]

> Right now I don't have Debian system and emacs-24 in hands but on my
> system
>
>    M-x customize-group <RET> dictem <RET>

> shows me the following (variables containing the work "database").

> If your goal is to use only a few dictionaries from those provided by
> server, you have two variants:
> 1) use dictem-exclude-databases variable, it is customizable in
> dictem group.

I wish to do that but can't, see abowe.

Why I haven't the 'dictem' group to customize it?

--
Regards from Pal