Re: init.el is missing many settings after emacs start

From: Vineet Naik
Subject: Re: init.el is missing many settings after emacs start
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:25:06 +0530

It seems you have edited the "custom-set-*" block. That snippet is generated
by emacs when you modify and save the customization options from
inside an emacs session. So you shouldn't edit it manually but
use emacs to change it.

Please see this link for more details -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5052088/what-is-custom-set-variables-and-faces-in-my-emacs

HTH

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM, The Grue <markus.grunwald.ebe@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Why?

Uhm - excuse me?
Ok, maybe I didn't make this clear: I don't want to loose these settings! It's part of my fine-tuning of emacs and I consider it broken without these settings ;)

--
Vineet Naik