Re: Turning comments into hyperlinks

From: Sohail Somani
Subject: Re: Turning comments into hyperlinks
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:55:25 -0400

On 19/07/2012 5:45 AM, Tom Willemsen wrote:
Hey Sohail,

Sohail Somani <sohail@taggedtype.net> writes:

I have come across an inconvenience which I would like to resolve. I am
working on a codebase which has the following patterns throughout the code:

// JIRA 12312
// ISSUE 12312
// KEY-12312

What I would like to do is match these patterns and turn them into
hyperlinks that open in the browser. So for example, I might turn
KEY-12312 into a hyperlink to http://jira.myhomies.com/KEY-12312 but
continue to display the original text.

How would I accomplish this with cc-mode or emacs in general?

Have you looked at `bug-reference-prog-mode'? From what I read it seems
to fit perfectly with what you're hoping to accomplish, though I haven't
tried using it myself and I think its only available in emacs 24.

This actually looks exactly like what I need. Thanks! The documentation is a little lacking from what I can tell but I think I can make it work :)

Sohail