Re: calendar longitude first and then latitude

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: calendar longitude first and then latitude
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 22:09:15 +0200

Am 23.07.2012 um 18:36 schrieb Enda:

> In the calendar, when I press 'S' to give the times of sunrise and
> sunset, Emacs asks for longitude first and then latitude, despite the
> norm is the other way round

This happens quite often with other applications as well. The best is you set
up a site init file (site-start.el) with settings like:

        (setq calendar-daylight-savings-starts
           '(calendar-nth-named-day -1 0  3 year))
        (setq calendar-daylight-savings-ends
           '(calendar-nth-named-day -1 0 10 year))
        (setq calendar-daylight-savings-starts-time 120)
        (setq calendar-daylight-savings-ends-time   180)
        (setq calendar-longitude +8.7561)
        (setq calendar-latitude +50.3396)
        (setq calendar-location-name "Friedberg")
        (setq calendar-standard-time-zone-name "MEZ")
        (setq calendar-daylight-time-zone-name "MESZ")
        (setq calendar-current-time-zone-cache
              '(60 60 "MEZ" "MESZ"
                (calendar-nth-named-day -1 0  3 year)
                (calendar-nth-named-day -1 0 10 year)
                120 180))
        (setq display-time-24hr-format t)

That will allow to observe the situation here at home. (Could be some settings
are old and unnecessary.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

"By filing this bug report you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare
to die!"