Re: copy-line

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Re: copy-line
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:47:22 +0200

On 24 July 2012 18:06, Enda <enda_k2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Usedn't there be a copy-line in Emacs (which would copy the line). In Vi,
> copying a line is yy, what is the shortest way of copying a line in Emacs
> (without writing a lisp function in .emacs)? Should there be a default
> keystroke for copying a line?

You may want to look at
http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs/whole-line-or-region.el

Copies or kills with one keystroke, the default one :)

I found this via http://emacswiki.org/emacs/CopyingWholeLines
where you can find other suggestions.

I prefer the whole-line-or-region apprach.

HTH,

Guido

--
Good government never depends upon laws, but upon the personal qualities of
those who govern.  The machinery of government is always subordinate to the

http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!