Re: Customize buffer: how to show values of unchanged options on Emacs24

From: Raffaele Ricciardi
Subject: Re: Customize buffer: how to show values of unchanged options on Emacs24.1?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:51:21 +0100

On 07/27/2012 04:53 AM, Drew Adams wrote:
Actually, I see that NEWS item, but I do not think I see that behavior, IIUC.
In emacs -Q, for instance, if I do `M-x customize-option auto-coding-alist', I
see the full standard (uncustomized) value immediately.  (I'm using MS Windows,
in case that makes a difference.)

Thank you for looking into this.

You are right, with M-x customize-option such behaviour does not happen. Try customize-group, please.

At any rate, if some Customize behavior does not seem right to you, or if it
does not seem understandable or correctly documented, then consider filing a bug
report or an enhancement request.  You can do either of those things using `M-x
report-emacs-bug'.

I'm going to.

Cheers.