Re: Byte Compile Question

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Byte Compile Question
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:04:32 +0200

Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have the belief that byte compiling only helps with loading files
> and that once they are loaded, the code will execute at the same
> speed.
>
> Is that correct?

No.  It will make your code run faster.

> Byte compiling all my personal files is a bit awkward for a couple of
> reasons.  I considering not doing it any more but wanted to know all
> the tradeoffs.

Indeed.  One problem with that is usually those personal files change
often, so you would have to recompile them often.  But you can
automatize this recompiling so it may not be a big problem.
Personnally, I have a fast enough computer, so I don't bother with
compiling my files.