New comint mode echoes and concatenates input

From: William Stevenson
Subject: New comint mode echoes and concatenates input
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:18:58 +0100

Hey,
I'm writing a comint mode for an interpreter called cling and I'm
getting an echo and concatenation of the input string, better explained
by example:

****************** CLING ******************
* Type C++ code and press enter to run it *
*             Type .q to exit             *
[cling]$ int i = 0;
iinintint int iint i int i =int i = int i = 0int i = 0;int i = 0;
[cling]$ i
ii
(int) 0
[cling]$

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
;;Minimal code
(make-comint-in-buffer "Cling"
                         (generate-new-buffer "*Cling*")
                         "cling"))
#+END_SRC

I've tried setting comint-process-echoes to both t and nil. Any help
would be appreciated.