Re: Error when loading org-export-generic.el

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: Error when loading org-export-generic.el
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 23:02:25 +0200

Although you have seemingly solved your problem, I would like to make a
comment about your org-mode installation.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:08:24AM -0400, Advrk Aplmrkt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes it works now! This is what's in my ~/.emacs file now:
>
> (require 'cl)
> (require 'org)
> (require 'org-export-generic)
> (load "~/.emacs.d/elisp/markdown.el")

If the above is all you do to load org-mode, I think you are still not
using your separate org-mode install.  In fact, your setup now has a
mixed org installation.  You can verify this by looking at the output of
org-version.

I would suggest you follow the installation method suggested in the info
manual[1].  A mixed installation like this will cause you troubles that
will make your head spin in the future.

GL

Footnotes:

[1] http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation