Re: Silently loading site files in -batch mode

From: Jack Kelly
Subject: Re: Silently loading site files in -batch mode
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:17:02 +1000

Doug,

I agree with you, however debian's modifications to how emacs starts
up means that there's some potential additions to the load-path that
come from files similar to /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50autoconf.el .

Not running the call to debian-startup appears to mean that the
following could happen:

1. package foo is being compiled.
2. foo.el contains (require 'bar), installed by apt.
3. emacs is invoked with -Q, so the directory containing bar.el or
bar.elc is not in the load-path.
4. boom.

-- Jack