Performances while loading bytecomp and warnings

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Performances while loading bytecomp and warnings
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:01:21 +0200

Hello,

Looking at reducing my Emacs startup time, I've noticed that the following
snippet of code takes ~2.00 seconds on my machine:

  ;; add the ability to copy or cut the current line without marking it
  ;; (no active region) -- idea stolen from SlickEdit
  (defadvice kill-ring-save (before slickcopy activate compile)
    "When called interactively with no active region, copy the current
  line instead."
    (interactive
     (if mark-active (list (region-beginning) (region-end))
       (message "Copied the current line")
       (list (line-beginning-position)
             (line-beginning-position 2)))))

  (defadvice kill-region (before slickcut activate compile)
    "When called interactively with no active region, kill the current
  line instead."
    (interactive
     (if mark-active (list (region-beginning) (region-end))
       (list (line-beginning-position)
             (line-beginning-position 2)))))

That requires:
- bytecomp
- macroexp
- cconv
- cl-macs
- warnings

Is there a way to reduce that time, or to let it be taken later, when needed
for the first time?

Best regards,
  Seb

--