RE: German characters

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: German characters
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:13:31 +0000

I found this on emacs 24.1 off the menu bar
    Options-->Multilingual Environment-->Set Language
Environment-->European-->German
That's much more than I like to use the mouse, but you only have to do it once.

I also found German as a possibility for M-x set-language-environment.

I hope this helps.

,Doug