RE: German characters

From: drain
Subject: RE: German characters
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:56:14 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, good to know. It's nice to have Emacs automatically change double
vowels to umlauts, but it's still easier to use a custom mode.

I mapped C-s-x to language-minor-mode, C-s-g to toggling German chars, and
C-s-s to toggling Spanish chars. I place point right after, for example, o,
and can toggle it with รถ by pressing C-s-g.