Re: org-mode keybinding

From: drain
Subject: Re: org-mode keybinding
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 04:48:54 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Dyballa wrote

> You need to load or require org-mode first. Otherwise org-mode-map does
> not exist in the context of your init file.

Now the code loads without error, just like the first two variations I
listed, but the remapped command is still functioning like
beginning-of-line, rather than org-beginning-of-line.

Perhaps to be clearer, if this is my heading, and point starts at P, right
after the last dot of the ellipsis:

*Movies...P

and I press C-q, point moves on top of the first dot of the ellipsis. I
Press C-q again, point moves on top of the asterisk.

C-a, however, which is mapped to org-beginning-of-line in org.el, moves
point from the last ellipsis dot to the asterisk immediately.