reordering rmail headers?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: reordering rmail headers?
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:40:11 GMT

Using emacs 24.1 ...

When reading a message in rmail, is there a way to specify the display
ordering of the headers?  (Like vm-visible-headers in vm, for anyone who
might be familiar with that).  It appears that rmail displays the
headers in the same order as the original message (after filtering by
rmail-ignored-headers, etc.).  Which makes sense in its way, but I'd
rather see the headers in the order I like, not what the sender used :).

I looked around in rmail*.el and the rmail chapter in the manual, but
didn't see anything.  Got lost tracing the sources :(.

(I came across Noah's old mail-reorder-headers.el, but that is about
outgoing mail.)

Thanks,
Karl