Re: Emacs and nxml/nxhtml-mode: memory overflow

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Emacs and nxml/nxhtml-mode: memory overflow
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 00:48:07 +0530

Martin Butz <mb@mkblog.org> writes:

>>> seems that
>>> cpu-power
>>> this; in some
>>> line),
>>
>> Have you tried disabling validation.
>
> I tried to do that over the menu, but did not find the responsible
> variable to disable it completely.

M-x apropos-variable RET validate RET

,----

`----

>> If your XML file has no newlines then Emacs will choke.
>
> This is to say: at the EOF?

I mean long lines - something like this

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

instead of like this

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>> IIRC, validation happens under the control of timer.  Try increasing it.
>
> Do you know, how to do this? I assume, it is a variable of nxml-mode, right?

See above options.

ps: I haven't used nxhtml-mode