Re: Bringing psgml back to life

From: PJ Weisberg
Subject: Re: Bringing psgml back to life
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:54:18 -0700

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Florian v. Savigny <florian@fsavigny.de> wrote:

> but even though I have programmed in Elisp for about 10
> years, psgml has been programmed by somebody way above my
> competence. Thus, I would be very grateful if I could get some advice

I haven't seen the code for psgml-mode and I don't know who wrote it,
but I'm reminded of a motto one of my professors had posted on his
door:

Any damn programmer can write code a compiler can understand.  It
takes a good programmer to write code that any damn programmer can
understand.

-PJ

Gehm's Corollary to Clark's Law: Any technology distinguishable from
magic is insufficiently advanced.