indent-tabs-mode problem

From: Joakim Tjernlund
Subject: indent-tabs-mode problem
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 08:42:11 +0200

We have our own C-style which we have defined using
(defconst our-c-style
  '((c-basic-offset . 4)
    (indent-tabs-mode . nil)
    (c-comment-only-line-offset . 0)
    (c-hanging-braces-alist     . ((substatement-open before after)))
    (c-offsets-alist . ((topmost-intro        . 0)
                        (substatement         . +)
                        (substatement-open    . 0)
                        (case-label           . +)
                        (access-label         . -)
                        (inclass              . +)
                        (inline-open          . 0)
                        )))
  "Our C Programming Style")
(c-add-style "our-style" our-c-style)

Notice the (indent-tabs-mode . nil) entry.
The above works but if I change back to another style such as "gnu" or "linux",
the effects of (indent-tabs-mode . nil) is still left, that is, I get SPACE
instead of TABS.
How can I fix this?

 Jocke