Re: Probelm with paste text from web pages

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Probelm with paste text from web pages
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:49:49 +0200

Am 14.09.2012 um 12:31 schrieb twiki:

> maybe for my local-setup... moreover i've most files in iso-latin-1-dos!

Then try to tell your browser to display the pages in ISO Latin-1! It might
also be possible to tell your windowing system to convert everything copied to
ISO Latin-1. I've heard (or rather read) of a so-called registry…

In using UTF-8 instead of ISO Latin-1 your saved files on disk will contain the
same bytes for the characters in the US-ASCII range and two bytes for the 8-bit
characters, for example accented characters. The typographical quotes you copy
will be encoded by three bytes each.

It's worth to upgrade to UTF-8. We're not living in some limited country but in
a global village.

--
Greetings

  Pete

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists solutions
are things that are still all mixed up.