Re: where is my emacs configure file ?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: where is my emacs configure file ?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:48:47 +0200

horse_rivers  <horse_rivers@126.com> writes:

>   I  have installed  emacs  by source file , but  I  can not find  its
> config file  at ~/  directory .
>
>   is there some advices?

Emacs does not automatically create the .emacs config file (*). It is
not required for running Emacs. If you wish to configure Emacs, just
create the config file yourself.

* There are operations on Emacs, such as permanent customization changes
  with M-x customize, that might create the .emacs file if it doesn't
  exists.