Installing emacs-w3m (via el-get) on OS X?

From: Peter
Subject: Installing emacs-w3m (via el-get) on OS X?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:14:17 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to install w3m on my OS X system so I can read HTML
messages
with Wanderlust. I've managed to install el-get and, with that,
Wanderlust. However, when I try to install emacs-w3m, I get errors
that
autoconf is not found:

el-get is waiting for "/bin/bash" to complete
emacs-w3m failed to install: (error el-get: /bin/bash el-get could not
build emacs-w3m [/bin/bash -c autoconf]) [2 times]
el-get-installation-failed: el-get: /bin/bash el-get could not build
emacs-w3m [/bin/bash -c autoconf]

Anyone know how to get past this?

Thanks,
-pd