Re: LaTeX-version of the emacs-manual

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: LaTeX-version of the emacs-manual
Date: 21 Sep 2012 08:29:50 GMT

EN:SiS(9)
twiki wrote:
>> Does "emacs.tex" already exists when you try the command? I remember that
>
> No
>
> The error I get is:
>
>   Pandoc: emacs.db: hGetContents: invalid argument (invalid UTF-8 byte
> sequence)
>
> Suggestions?

your input file emacs.db is not utf-8 encoded. pandoc simply foregoes
the entire encoding mess and assumes everything is utf-8.

makeinfo doesn't seem to have a way of specifying the output encoding,
so the easiest way to go about this is probably to open emacs.db in
emacs and save it as utf-8 (C-x RET f).

HTH

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com