Customizing fonts in a mult-language (English+Hebrew) environment

From: Will Parsons
Subject: Customizing fonts in a mult-language (English+Hebrew) environment
Date: 23 Sep 2012 23:59:45 GMT

I've never completely understood how to deal with fonts, and find
myself somewhat frustrated with the situation where I'm composing a
text mainly in English but that also includes some Hebrew text.  The
problem is that although the English text is displayed in a font that
is completely legible, the Hebrew text is hard to read.  (I think this
is partly because the letters in the Hebrew alphabet tend to be more
easily confused with each other than the letters in the Latin
alphabet, and also because even though the point-size of the Hebrew
font is presumably the same as the English font, the letters in the
Hebrew text give the impression of being smaller in size than the
English text.)

So, I'd like to arrange it so that both the English and the Hebrew
text are equally legible, but haven't the slightest idea of how to
accomplish that.

--
Will