Problems with KDE and Clipboard.

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Problems with KDE and Clipboard.
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:30:44 +0100

Since upgrading to Emacs 24, I have been having problems copy/pasting between Emacs and other X applications. I am using Archlinux with KDE and my emacs is:

GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
 of 2012-08-28 on shaun

Symptoms:

When I first start emacs I can copy/paste between something like Chrome and Emacs without a problem. However, after a while items I select from Klipper are not pasted into Emacs, but the last item from the Kill ring gets pasted instead. If I restart Emacs it works as I would expect for a certain number of copy pastes, but then the problem re-occurs.

Relevant sections from my .emacs:

(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)      ;use system clipboard
(setq mouse-drag-copy-region nil) ; stops selection with a mouse being immediately injected to the kill ring (setq x-select-enable-primary nil) ; stops killing/yanking interacting with primary X11 selection (setq x-select-enable-clipboard t) ; makes killing/yanking interact with clipboard X11 selection

I have read the Emacs wiki page about clipboard interaction, but can't see anything there that might help. My current setup works fine with Emacs 23.

Ian.