Re: Calendar & proportional fonts

From: hairryharry
Subject: Re: Calendar & proportional fonts
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:23:32 +0100

On 30/09/12 20:10, B. T. Raven wrote:
Die Sun Sep 30 2012 07:35:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
hairryharry <hairryharry@tesco.net> scripsit:

Hi,

When I use proportional fonts in emacs 23 & 24 I find the calendar dates
do not line up. OK with fixed fonts.

Fairly new to emacs but have tried fiddling with calendar spacing
variables but not able to fix.

Any ideas or pointers would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Mike

I set up two frames in .emacs, one with a default proportional font, and
the other with a fixed font. Then I can look at Calendar correctly in
the fixed font frame.

Ed

Thanks Ed,

Had sort of heard about doing that but not sure how to. Could you give me a pointer to how you set the frames up in your .emacs.
Thanks,

Mike