Re: Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 crashes
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 19:30:43 +0200

> From: "Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com>
> Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:21:06 +0200
>
> "Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> > Recently, without apparent reasons, I've many crashes of Emacs (daily, a
> > couple of crashes).
>
> My second one of the day...

This is not the right place to report crashes with debugger sessions.
Either post to emacs-devel@gnu.org, or report this as a bug with
"M-x report-emacs-bug RET"

> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
> [Switching to Thread 7064.0x139c]
> 0x7c91120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from
> /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
> (gdb)
> Continuing.
> [New Thread 7064.0x1e14]
>
> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
> [Switching to Thread 7064.0x1e14]
> 0x7c91120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from
> /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
> (gdb) backtrace

The correct command at this point is "thread apply all backtrace".
That's because Emacs has more than one thread, and the above backtrace
is from a non-interesting thread (the one Windows launches when a
program crashes, to allow a debugger to attach).

Please post all the info you get to emacs-devel or as part of a bug
report.

Thanks, and sorry for your trouble.