Re: IDE versus emacs

From: Tom
Subject: Re: IDE versus emacs
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:16:48 +0000 (UTC)

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I believe there is a project (led by some Google engineers) to have code
> completion using clang based servers for editors like Vim and Emacs.
> Phoronix reported on it a while back.

But clang does only C/C++ and stuff, doesn't it? Eclipse has excellent
Java support and it is open source software, so it would be logical to
make the completion/refactoring engine independent of the Eclipse
GUI, so that other FOSS editors can have access to the same level of
Java support as Eclipse has.