Re: visual line mode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: visual line mode
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 23:40:33 +0200

Am 12.10.2012 um 18:30 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

>> One more example: the text cursor forgets where the end of the line
>> was and seems to jump between the column it started to move and the
>> visual end of the text
>
> A recipe, please.

Narrow the width of the window with text in Latin (left-to-right) script so
that visual-line-mode puts long lines of text onto at least two lines. Now
position the text cursor on the end of some line, say, at column 40 or 50, near
an area where lines are broken onto at least two lines. Then start to move the
text cursor into that area. On lines longer that those 40 or 50 columns it will
stay in the starting column, on lines shorter it will reach the end of the
line. Broken lines are visited more than once.

I prefer that the cursor stays at the line endings or visits broken lines only
once.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Every instructor assumes that you have nothing else to do except study for that
instructor's course.
                                – Fourth Law of Applied Terror